Thursday, August 23, 2012

Slow Progress?

Remember that needlepoint kit I found a while back?  Well, I've been working on it...slow and steady.
 I tried some purple, some pink, and some orange.  I also dabbled in some white on the flowers:
But, as per usual, I did not read the directions very thoroughly.  For the purple and most of the pink, I separated the provided thread into three separate strands and I stitched with one of them at a time.  Had I read the directions, I would have seen that I was to separate them into two threads and one thread and then I would have stitched with the two thread grouping.  
 Maybe with this angle, you can see that the orange and some of the pink is thicker:
 Also, I don't like those splotches of blue on the rainbow.  They are supposed to be birds.  I think they suck, so I am stitching over them.  With two stitches you can't see their outlines, so that's good.  I should really learn to read the directions all the way through.

2 comments:

  1. It cost 25 cents.........it will be fine. They always allow for extra yarn materials in these kits as people screw up. Rachel still rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with your Mom more:)

    ReplyDelete