Monday, August 20, 2012

Thrifty Fabric

It was another weekend of no sewing.  Blaaaah.  I have so many things I want to make, but there never seems to be any time to make them lately.  Plus my craft room is a disaster.  I need to rearrange it and clean it and I really wanted to do that this weekend, but it didn't happen.  Oh well.

What did happen was a trip to the Goodwill.  It was one up in Roseville.  We hadn't been there before, so it was a bit of an adventure.  I sometimes wish I had better adventures.

Usually the fabric is hanging up in the towels/curtains/bedspreads section, but this time there was a bin of fabric...near the towels/curtains/bedspreads section.  I found this batch of fabric in that bin:
 Not bad, right?  I bet this all came from the same person and it looks to me like someone was going to make a quilt with it.  I could be wrong, but these coordinate pretty well.  There were even some cuts that I did not buy that went along with this theme.  Anyway, the purple basket weave on the right cost $2.99 and there are about 5.5 yards of it.  All of the others were $1.99 and, I think, with the exception of the second from the left, that these were one yard cuts. The teal one was two yards.  

There was also a yard of this:
It's a lot brighter in person, but I took a shot of it with a darker setting so that you could see the details.  

And, finally, there's this gold and black upholstery-type (brocade?) fabric for $2.99.  About two yards of fancy!

So that's it.  I also bought a vintage coat, but that's in a bag for the dry cleaners.  Maybe when it comes back all clean and nice I'll take a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment