Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Alma

On Sunday we went to try out some Pumphouse Creamery ice cream in Minneapolis.  I had a root beer float...pretty tasty, but, I swear, there were little chunks of actual butter in my vanilla bean ice cream.  Weird.  Tasty, but weird.  We also noted that there was a cool movie theatre, a vintage store, and a sewing shop all in the same neighborhood.  Yay!  All the things we like in one location.

I didn't bring my camera, so no pics of the shop.  It was called Sewtropolis and it was pretty cute.  The lady complimented the Devil Diaper Bag and gave me a brochure of classes (hint hint...zipper class...hint hint).  Maybe I should take an alterations class, though, because I don't know how to do that at all.

Anyway, while there, I picked up an Alma Blouse pattern by Sewaholic.  I recently started reading her blog and she's been featuring some finished Alma blouses.  

I'm going back to work in a few weeks and my wardrobe is pretty skimpy right now, so a new blouse would be great.  I recently found a pencil skirt at the Goodwill:
Woven within the light and dark browns is a very fine blue.  An Alma blouse in that same hue may be just the thing with this skirt.
View A is cute...  Plus the length of it would be good, because I have to start figuring out how to cover up my new mom belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment