Thursday, August 30, 2012

Package!

My mother sent another package and here are the featured craft elements.  First up, the fabrics:
 Four florals in what may be chintz.  I like the two matching prints on the right.
 These three are nice.  There are over four yards of the black and white Rorschach-y print.  It may be too heavy for clothing.  I'm not sure.  Anyway, I threw everything in the wash.  It had a bit of a grandma's trunk smell to it.

She also sent a pile of patterns.  Lots and lots of patterns.  Most are for kids or bags.  I guess my mom found a yard sale where the lady supplemented her income by making and selling bags.
And hidden among them was this gem:
 Love!  I really have to learn how to expand vintage patterns to accommodate my increasing self.

She also sent a bunch of different notions, like these applique animals.  That elephant is so furry.
 And some rainbow fringe, gold rope, and flowery bits:
And all the buttons!  I love those little pink ribbon ones.
She sent one other craft-related thing, but I will share that later.  Good stuff!  Thanks, Mom!!

2 comments:

  1. No applause necessary.

    There are still more fabrics which couldn't fit into the box. The fabrics did indeed come out of some old stinky grandma's house estate sale. If there had been a need for stinky polyester fabrics, you would have gotten a bunch of them, too.

    And......I can't even remember what another craft-related thing might be. I'm clueless.

    Finding buttons are always my favorite. They are so expensive retail nowadays.

    The B/W fabric would make a great dress for summer. Or a nice jacket over a red dress. Just saying.

    Ah, the thrill of the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds Miss Merrie!! Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete