Friday, February 21, 2014

I Spy = Done!

It's finally finished....finally!  When did I first cut those squares?  Um, that would be around Christmas of 2012.  Yup.  But now it's together, quilted, and bound.  Yay!
I saved a bunch of unique squares that didn't overlap with my first batch of I Spy quilts. I saved ninjas, sushi, whales, foxes, glasses, and roller skates.  
I also had a very, very small piece of paper doll fabric and I managed to get two 5x5 squares out of it. 

Speaking of 5x5, some of my squares were not cut to the right size.  I don't know how that happened, but it's extremely obvious in that first row with the witches.  Ugh.


As for the backing, I have this great watermelon fabric.  The only thing I could ever imagine making out of it was a half apron with a green ruffle to represent the rind. Lame, right?  It's much better on the back of the quilt.  In hindsight, I should have used a different color bobbin thread.

And what did Little Miss Z think of this?
And it was finished just in time for us to transition her to a toddler bed.  Yikes!  This makes me really nervous, because she will no longer be contained and will be able to amble about in the middle of the night.  However, it makes me even more nervous when I think about her climbing out of the crib, which, if mad enough, she might just do.  She's already figured out that throwing a leg over the crib rails is the first step toward freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment