Monday, April 13, 2015

Abandoned



I saw the above piece of cross stitch at the Goodwill a few weeks ago and it made me sad.  I almost bought it and I keep thinking about it, so I may go back and try to rescue it (if it hasn't been saved already).  

Anyway, it made me sad because what if all my efforts (and don't forget my mother's efforts) on the Geisha embroidery are for naught?  What if my children do not look at them as family heirlooms, but pieces to be tossed?  

I keep thinking of all the embroidered/cross stitched/latch hooked pieces that I've seen at thrift stores over the years.  I want to rescue them!  I said as much to my husband and he just felt the need to point out that my craft room is already filled.  I think his exact words were, "Don't you think you have enough stuff in there?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment