Monday, April 20, 2015

Antique Things

I've been on the prowl for a small curiosities shelf for many years.  I have a set of hand painted zodiac animals that are made out of silk worm cocoons and a set of eight carved Chinese horses.  And then a bunch of little odds and ends.  Anyway, I finally figured out that I could use those printer type drawers that are all over the place.  I went out and picked this one up.  Forgive the poor quality of the photo.
Neat.  So I need to clean it up and put on some mounting hardware and this thing will be ready for treasures.  

While at the shop buying this one, I also happened upon an umbrella stand, which has also been on my list of things for the house for a number of years.  This one is metal and mod.  Very fun:
I desperately want to spray paint it some funky colors.  Blue?  Yellow?

It has this odd little top piece that my mom pointed out would have had an umbrella handle attached to it so that the whole thing would look like an umbrella when put together.
Maybe I can just add a finial gem for pizzazz.  The umbrella is a kid umbrella that I picked up at the thrift store.
She loves it!  I was sick of her obsession with the big umbrellas, so this was found just in time for spring!

1 comment: