Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Textile Garage Sale

And there it is:

That's just the one photo I took from Saturday's Textile Garage Sale hosted by the Textile Center.  It was great!  So many people rummaging through the goods.  My friend and I got some good deals.  I didn't want fabric, but I bought fabric.  I'm such a nut, but I didn't go crazy.

First off, we have this picture of new fabrics:
 The lace edged one at the bottom was not very interesting to me, but Z thought it was pretty, so maybe she'll get something made out of it.  I also grabbed a thing of linen, there in the middle.  It's a decent amount of fabric and I'm not sure what I'll do with it.  The other fabrics are cottons and there's not a lot of them, but those florals were nice.

More cottons and cotton-blends, here:
I love those circles on the bottom.  I'm pretty sure that was vintage.  I also like those green florals.  

A knit:
I don't know.  It's kind of ugly, but I want to learn how to sew with knits and I want to do it on the cheap, so this was one dollar.  Undies for Z or maybe a little racerback dress from Crafterhours.  I don't know, but I need to stop being afraid of knits.

$2.00 bag of corduroy, with the label that they were smaller pieces good for stuffed animal construction:
Lots of colors!  I love that thick green one on the right.

This one intrigued me:
 That's a big ass square and there are four of them on a yard of fabric.  I don't know what to do with it.  Floor cushions come to mind, but it's not a super heavy duty fabric.

This little bitty is adorable:
There's not much of it, but it warms my cockles.

And that's it for fabric.  I bought some other things, too, and I'll probably post them later this week.  Some of the stuff was priced way too high and not priced to sell, but I suppose that's why there was a bag sale at the end of the day.  We did not return for the bag sale, but I could see doing that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment