Friday, April 10, 2015

Short Stack

Why, Mr. Fox, what are you eating?
Delicious felt pancakes?  Oh, yes!
And is that some real maple syrup to pour on top?  Oh, yes!
The white is a little too white.  I was hoping for a little bit of a yellow-white, but I just worked with what I had on hand.  The construction of these was so very easy.  I cut out two white felt circles and two layers of leftover batting in the same circle size.  I layered them batting, batting, felt, felt and sewed all around the perimeter of the circle.  I then cut an X in the middle of the outer layer of felt, which then allowed me to turn the circle right side out. I then used two slightly smaller circles of brown felt to tack on the outside with a blanket stitch.

The maple syrup container was purchased at Target.  It had their generic label, which makes me suspicious that it was not real maple syrup.  Thankfully, there was not a lot of syrup in it, so if it was fake, I am not too damaged from consuming it.  (Because really, there is nothing more disgusting than Mrs. Butterworth's...except maybe smoked eel.)  Anyway, I've removed the label and keep wondering if I should add a little maple leaf to it for a little pizazz.  We'll see.  My drawing skills are really not up to snuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment