Monday, September 10, 2012

The Three Year Apron

Okay, so it was probably more like three months, but the apron that I mentioned here and here is finally finished.  My coworker passed her motorcycle license a while back and this apron has been in the works forever as a congratulations gift. I'm tempted to hold it for her birthday next month, but it's done and I want it out of the house!

So, as a reminder, here was the fabric choice:
Tasteless whores on bikes for one side.  Red and white pillow ticking for the reverse with white and blue stars for the accent pieces.

I used the Emmeline apron, which I had previously made a few years ago (as featured on my old blog).  As mentioned in that post, this apron takes a lot of fabric.  Luckily, I had all of this in my stash.  The pillow ticking was left over from another apron, the tasteless whores were from an ill advised purchase when I first started sewing, and the blue and white fabric was probably picked up at a yard sale.

So here is the finished product:
 And the reverse:
I don't like the bias tape binding along the top sides.  It turns into the neck straps, but I think there must be a better way to get straps on there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment