Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Recreate Art: Choices

Back in June I mentioned that I would be recreating some art, specifically this piece:
I also mentioned that I wanted to buy the cotton for this quilting project from a local store.  Well, in the three or so months since I posted about this project, I have not made it to a quilting store.  Blah.  So I've decided to buy the fabric online.

Here are the fabrics that I've chosen that will (hopefully) match:

What do you think?  Too dark?  I don't know.  It doesn't have to be exact, only close.  Anyway, I chose these fabrics from Purl Soho and these are the names of the colors:

Now I have to figure out how much to buy of each.  Quarter yard each?  I haven't even considered the backing fabric or the seam binding.  Maybe I should get extra of the pool fabric and do backing and binding in that color.  I'm also considering doing those print-yo-self labels for the back so that I can put my name and date on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment