Wednesday, September 5, 2012

More Rolling

On Saturday morning I took an hour and made a crayon roll-up for my young friend in kindergarten. On Monday morning I made this colored pencil roll-up for my friend's daughter's eleventh birthday.
 I couldn't find a tutorial that I liked online, so I used the measurements from the marker roll-up that I made at Christmas and followed the crayon roll-up instructions.  And do you recognize the fabric?  I found that at the Goodwill a few weeks ago.  And here's my "Oh, shit!" moment of the project:
 This one-sided ribbon should have been installed differently so that the polka dots went around the roll-up, but I guess this way is okay, too.

To complete the gift, I'm sending her the colored pencils.  I found a pack of eco-friendly pencils and a pack of metallic pencils (also labeled as eco-friendly).  I also found these coloring books.
 I love these.  They are so modern and fun and pretty.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome fabric choice for this pencil case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. I was going to go with a floral, but then I thought of those cool coloring books and wanted to do something a little bit more geometric, colorful, and modern.

      Delete