Wednesday, December 24, 2014

What's Not in Your Box

Dear Box Recipient,

This year I had intended to make you a triple zip pouch.  That's right, three zips on one pouch!  What a novel idea!  Not mine, of course, because the original  idea came from this tutorial.  I have had it in mind for you for ages and ages and this was the year for it.  

I went out and bought coordinating fat quarters and matched them up with fabric already in my stash.  I made more than one trip to pick out zippers, because they would just never match up like I wanted.  

My time, as a mother of two, is precious, but I worked in time to cut out all the pieces, fuse the fleece, and coordinate the fabric, which seems to always soak up most of the prep time of any project for me.  I sewed it up in no time at all, actually, but when I turned it, this is how it came out:
 And yuck!  I'm not opposed to the fabric choices, but the craftsmanship is pure yucko.
I mean, look at those zipper stitch lines.  Wobbly and sad.  I just couldn't give this away.  
And look at that top zipper...it's completely crooked and turned outward.  So pathetic.
Just more sadness.

And there you have it.  This (or another with different fabrics, because there was more than just one box recipient) could have been yours, but you have been spared the indignity of receiving such a poor quality item.

Luckily, I had only cut out one of these, so I'm not left with bunches of half finished pouches.  I could have tried again, but my time, like I said, is precious.  My apologies.  I had the best of intentions.  Maybe next year.

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment