Monday, December 8, 2014

I Spy Quilt Progress

I've been slowly working on this I Spy quilt for my new nephew.  My goal is to finish it by this weekend.  Slow, but steady.  My efforts were hampered today by a fevered baby who spent 80% of the morning snuggled on my chest.

All of these pictures were taken with the camera on my phone, which really kinda sorta sucks.
What we have here is an example of how I really kinda sorta suck at quilting.  Each quilt that I have made has this same problem - nothing ever aligns as it is supposed to.  Those squares up there are supposed to match up, but they don't.  I can't blame the squares from Crafterhours, because the rows with all of them line up just fine.  The rows where I have added my own square or two are the ones with the problem.  

In the end, I fixed these problem areas by ripping out stitches and trimming the squares down on the ends.  It's not perfect, but it's better to have white sashing on the ends than have the I Spy squares touching the binding.

I spent some time on the couch watching a really good show this weekend:  Black Mirror.  It's really riveting, so I squeezed in a little bit of clipping loose threads.
I still have to quilt the thing and then bind it, which is one of those in front of the TV activities, but that needs my attention, so maybe I'll catch up on Project Runway episodes when I do that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment