Sunday, March 9, 2014

Nursery Evolution: Shared Room

I'm not ready to give up my craft room.  We have three bedrooms and one is currently occupied with all my crafting junk.  So the girls are going to share.  

We finally got around to setting up Zelda's toddler bed and we rearranged the furniture to fit everything.  It's not an ideal situation, but it works for now.   Anyway, here are previous posts about what the nursery has looked like.

And here it is today:

This view is from the door.  The crib moved to the opposite wall, under the window.  I think we need to get some new windows this year and that one is a prime candidate.  (Not to mention the other window in the room, because it seems to be missing a screen.)

And here is the view from the closet:
The legs came off the Expedit bookcase around the time that Zelda started walking.  I was afraid she'd try to climb the thing.  Black Bear Rocker died before Zelda was even six months old, I think.  It's still in the garage, but in pieces.  Ugh.  I don't know if I should get it refinished or not.

Oh, that rug is new, by the way.  I sold the old monkey rug on craigslist and picked up this one on Overstock.  It's a lot thinner, but it's slightly bigger and it goes better with the room.

The view to the hallway.  (Ugh!  That yellow in the hallway is not that buttery in real life.  Ick!  I don't like that color anyway, but how do I paint giant ceilings?) 

And here's the view of the closet door and the new little bed:
The dresser used to be where the Expedit thing now is, but it needed to be moved for this room configuration.  

As for the transition to the toddler bed...well, she was super excited for it last night, but after 1.5 hours, she was still awake and fussy, so when I went to talk to her, she asked to be moved to the crib.  That's okay.  She took a three hour nap in it today and we're still waiting to see if she settles enough to spend tonight in it.  

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up your room until you have no other choice!!!!! LOL!!! :)

    My kids (1 boy and 1 girl) shared a room until they were 4 & 6. Even then, when we moved into a 3 bdr, they wanted to still share and make the 3rd bedroom a playroom! Crazy kids.

    The room is so bright and cheery and perfect for little ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted it to be a fun, happy space and love the color scheme...all colors! Why not? I was thinking about making one of those cloth banners with some scrap fabrics to hang from the ceiling.

      And I'll try to keep the craft room until they threaten to divorce me!

      Delete