Thursday, March 20, 2014

Curtain Fail

I finally got around to making some curtains for my craft room, but I really botched the hem.  It's all bubbly on the bottom.  Blah.
 I had to use the flash, because I took this photo at night.  Look at that bubble on the bottom....Ick.
I don't know what to do.  I'm thinking about unpicking it and sewing the lining with its own hem and then adding some lace to the bottom of the curtain fabric.  Maybe.  But I think the lace should be dyed or something.  

I lined it with some plain white.  I wasn't sure how much to get, but it was super cheap so I bought like 8 yards.  Way too much!  That's okay.  I'll use it, because I always need plain white for something.  In fact, I want to make the kiddo some cute pajamas, but I don't have enough of the kitty fabric, so I could maybe use the white to make up for that.  
So the curtains are up, but who know when I will get around to fixing that hem.  I really want to paint the room, because that puke pea green on the walls is the worst color.  I'm too big to paint at this point, so it will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment