Saturday, January 19, 2013

I've Got Mail!

A surprise package came today with one very awesome sewing book...
 
Scrap Saver's Stitchery Book by Sandra Lounsbury Foose (she should work for NPR!) was published in 1978, so you know that there are some fun, retro sewing ideas in there.    I know that I spend a lot of time making fun of these old books with their goofy photos and projects, but I found that I spent most of my time ooooh'ing and aaaaah'ing rather than ridiculing it.  

Here are some must-do projects:
 Barn bag with animals!  These are so cute!  I love that the patterns throughout most of this book are already life size.  The barn, unfortunately, is one of those "one square equals one inch" patterns, but that seemed to be the exception.

And a kraken for my kraken!
 And I'm always drawn to these novelty boot Christmas stockings.  I love that ice skate, though I'd probably attempt to modify it to make a roller derby skate.
Fun!  So thank you, mystery sender!  What a happy surprise in my mail today!

No comments:

Post a Comment