Monday, January 14, 2013

Hemmed Curtains

I have this little alcove in my living room with a little bench that opens up.  That's where I keep my Halloween skeleton, which is pretty creepy, I guess, and always reminds me of Arsenic and Old Lace.
So after almost two years of living here, I finally got around to finding some curtains.  Of course, the problem with all curtains these days, is that they are super long...like 84" long.  So I had to hem them, which is stressful, because you have to measure and add length for a hem and then you need to fold them all precisely in order to get the bottoms to align.  It is so much easier to put sleeves in, than it is for me to hem curtains.  Anyway, I found some that I liked at Pier1 on super sale...
I need to get something to provide some support to the middle of the curtain rod and I also need to find something better to use as a tieback instead of bias tape, but this works for now.

1 comment: