Monday, July 17, 2017

Pretty Thrifted Things

My mom was in town for the week of the Fourth of July and I was off from work, so we spent our days hanging out at thrift stores.  I got an entire new wardrobe, which is good, but I also found some pretty tea canisters for my craft room.

Butterflies:
 And this sweet one:
I also found a handmade blanket.  In theory, my craft room is supposed to double as a guest room.  Of course, the guest must only weigh four pounds because the guest will have to sleep on a rickety old antique bed (that does not yet have a mattress).  This blanket is perfect for the room, though:
I also bought some fabric...silver stuff that was probably from the Disco era and a sequined one.  There's tons of silver and not so much of the magenta, but still...fun!
My mom also found lampshade for one of my kokeshi lamps:
These poor lamps have been without lampshades for probably seven to eight years.  Blah.  I kept thinking I'd need mini shades, but this fits perfectly.  Thanks, mom!  We found one more maroon shade, but the other two lamps still need to be rewired.  

2 comments:

  1. ALL wonderful! Great shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlee just squeaked with delight at the sight of your kokeshi lamps. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete