Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Picnic Time

My friend and I went antiquing together to find a wedding gift and settled upon a vintage picnic basket with melamine dinner plates and cups.  On our way out, we saw an oblong tablecloth and we knew it would be the perfect picnic blanket for the couple.  I took on the task of making the blanket with one week until the wedding.  I do my best work at the last minute.
It was backed with some home dec fabric.  The bolt only had a little bit on it and it was in two pieces, so I had to sew it together...hence the seam on the underside:
I made little ties so that when the blanket is folded into thirds, it can be rolled up, tied, and carried, though I chickened out and did not make a carrying strap.
My mom is in town and volunteered to sew the ends of the straps:


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you took pics!! It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete