A few years ago I made some swim coverups for my niece and nephew. I decided to make my own kids the same coverups from that pattern: The Aegean Swim Cover. The last time, for my niece, I made the dress without the ruffle. I changed it up this time around and added the ruffle. I used the two pieces of vintage terry cloth that I found in April at the Textile Center's Garage Sale. Thank you to my shopping partner in crime for suggesting that I mismatch the two fabrics to produce these matching coverups:
I made a size 6 for my older daughter and a size 4 for my little one. The little one's head has a little bit of a tough time getting through the head hole, so I don't know what is up with that gargantuan noggin.
Z got hers first about a month ago in anticipation of going to swim lessons three times per week. The other one has been sitting in my craft room in pieces until just this past week.
I serged the hem - it's still set on the napkin rolled hem setting, but it worked for this.