Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Double Trouble

A few years ago I made some swim coverups for my niece and nephew.  I decided to make my own kids the same coverups from that pattern: The Aegean Swim Cover.   The last time, for my niece, I made the dress without the ruffle.  I changed it up this time around and added the ruffle.  I used the two pieces of vintage terry cloth that I found in April at the Textile Center's Garage Sale.  Thank you to my shopping partner in crime for suggesting that I mismatch the two fabrics to produce these matching coverups:
And the backs:
So cute, yeah?

I made a size 6 for my older daughter and a size 4 for my little one.  The little one's head has a little bit of a tough time getting through the head hole, so I don't know what is up with that gargantuan noggin.  

Z got hers first about a month ago in anticipation of going to swim lessons three times per week.  The other one has been sitting in my craft room in pieces until just this past week.
 In action:
I serged the hem - it's still set on the napkin rolled hem setting, but it worked for this.

2 comments: