Monday, June 3, 2013

QiP

That's Quilt in Progress to you.
 So, I have a friend who had a baby...two years ago.  And then there was  Baby's First Christmas and then a second birthday and I missed them all due to a combination of moving across the country, getting pregnant, and having my own baby.  So I'm working on rectifying that situation with a quilt.  Does she need a quilt?  I don't know, but that's what I'm making.   Maybe someday she will need a quilt.
A lot of the fabrics have been used in previous projects like the recent baby dress:
Or the Recreate Art project:
Otherwise, I'm using fabric from my mom's yard sale adventures and my thrift shopping.
And then there are two fabrics from Christmas 2007 when I made an apron for my sister-in-law.  No photo of that.  I mean I have one, but she's wearing it and I don't want to feature her without permission.  Anyway, it was a two-sided apron of that crazy green blue dot fabric and the kitty-heart fabric.

The strips are almost ready.  I just need to pick out a sashing color and a binding color.  I'm considering piecing the back with leftover strips and this hideous floral:
It matches so well.  But then is it all too matchy-matchy?

No comments:

Post a Comment