Sunday, June 30, 2013

Done!

It only took a month, but I finally finished that quilt I was working on.  Here's the front:
And here's the back:
And here they are dramatically draped over the deck railing in the setting sun:
And the back, with baby shadow:
And my favorite part:
I love this binding.  It's cut on the bias, so the zigs are at an angle.  

So the inspiration for this quilt came from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts in the form of the stacked coins quilt.
The book wanted me to cut my pieces in 1" to 4" lengths using only my eyeballs.  Well, not with my laserbeam eyeballs.  I mean, they wanted me to eyeball it without a ruler.  I didn't like that, so I cut mine precisely instead of organically.  I diverged with the size of the borders and I quilted it in a different manner.  

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So pretty. You are so talented my friend:)

    ReplyDelete