Friday, August 4, 2017

Painting and Planning

Painting the interior and the exterior of dollhouse has been completed.  I decided to go with the stone spray paint for the roof.  It worked really well to cover all of the imperfections.  I opted for some reject gray I had on hand from when I was planning the nursery for the outside and some reject dark gray I had from when I painted the exterior of my own house.  And then there's the pink door.
Don't mind the windows - the painter's tape was still on the inside of the house.  It looks pretty good, huh?  I still have to paint on a doorknob and figure out how to make some window boxes.  I think I'll just do bottom ones.  I picked up some flowers that will work in them.  

I let the girls help with the exterior light gray.  It was a little chaotic, but I survived and did not have to fix very much.

On to the inside.  Here, we have my little helper sanding against the grain.  Oh well.  I debated for a long time about whether or not to paint the floor.  The brown was just so dark and the grain was rather large scale.  I don't know if it was the right decision, but I painted it.
That was a bit of a hassle, as well.  First I spraypainted it with a satin white, but that got all drippity.  Then when I went to go buy a second canister and decided the white was too white, so I got a metallic cream and that provided absolute crap coverage.  Then I panicked and went rummaging through my old paint and found a flat white and slathered it all over the interior.  And that's what you see here.  

It's so white still and the paint is really not what I had envisioned, so I think I'm going to have to wallpaper more than just the back wall of each room.  These are the colors that I've been considering:
They are all mostly from a scrapbook paper stack called Citrus that I had originally intended to use for scrapbooking my wedding.  That was seven years ago and I have not scrapbooked any of it yet.  Blah.    

No comments:

Post a Comment