Friday, August 18, 2017

Special Pieces

A few weeks ago I responded to a craigslist ad for dollhouse furniture.  The seller was an hour and a half away, but I made the trek out there and it was the best experience.  I spent an hour with her, looking at everything she had and talking about the pieces.  We've even become texting buddies - I keep sending her updates on the dollhouse.  She's actually the first person I send things to.  So many of her pieces were so special and actual family heirlooms - pieces that she and her family members had made.  I haven't taken pictures of all of them, but I thought I'd share just a few pics of them.
 I love that dresser.  And those chairs are each hand carved and one piece.  And look at this bed!  So perfect.
The kitchen pieces are pretty great, too:
 I never would have thought to use hooks for the sink and the knobs on the cabinets and stove are just nail heads.  So smart!


And then there are the dishes and food things!  I can't tell you how smitten I am with them!  My new buddy's daughter was a ceramics major (at least I'm pretty sure that's what she said) and made little dishes and cups and other things for the dollhouse:
 Bacon and eggs!  Loaves of bread!  A pizza!  A pie!  I love them all.

 I don't remember if she said whether or not these pieces were made by her daughter, but I have a feeling that they were:
Oh and look at all the dishes stacked in the china cabinet:
Fun!

PS that cabinet was from the dollhouse lot and it may have been made by the seller from a kit.  When I acquired it, it was brown, but I thought this blue was more fitting for my color scheme:


1 comment:

  1. These pieces are such a great find! I too am in love with the idea of hooks as faucets...brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete