Sunday, August 13, 2017

Walls Update

The wallpaper is up on the dollhouse.  It was a pretty easy undertaking once I got started.  When I took all of it off, I am pretty sure the previous maker had wallpapered before he put the walls together, but I ended up making construction paper templates that worked really well to get around the windows and whatnots.

I realized after I downloaded all my photos that I don't actually have individual photos of the rooms - just some snippets of the wallpaper on the walls...so we'll just go with what I have.

The living room:
This room had that fun little chair rail to break up the wallpaper.  The red has a bit of sparkle to it:
My mom says it reminds her of old-timey flocked wallpaper, but I feel it's pretty modern.  And check out those curtains!  That was lace that I used on a fancy apron a gazillion years ago...so impractical for an apron, actually.  I only had enough to make these curtains and I can't decide if I should put a little tie on them or drape them to the side.  

As for the bottom half of the room, I used some siding I found at the model train store.  I painted it gray and tried to glue it on with modpodge, but that just made it curl.  Then I tried hot glue and that left it lumpy.  For my final option, I went with scrapbooking sticky dots.  I ran out right at the end, but I'd also run out of the siding.  It's really not the best -- it shows the seams and I don't think it will stand the test of time.  We'll see.

Seams:
Hidden by the curtain:
So I went with a green for the bigger bedroom, but I didn't have enough of it, so I had to supplement with some yellow.  There's a funny seam on the yellow, too, but I think it will be hidden with a curtain and some furniture.
 The green has some shimmer to it, as well.
The hallway also has some shimmer:
I was going to use a small floral in the kitchen, but went with the larger print instead.
 It also has sparklies:
As for the dining room, I went with this small print:
That's the door that leads to the outside that is half painted.  I can't decide if I should paint it white or blue.  I don't know.  

Speaking of paint...I have to figure out what to do with the stairs:
It's sort of half-assed with the white.  I don't know.  I'll have to think about it.  

So that's it for pictures of the rooms.  I guess I forgot the bathroom and the smaller bedroom.  Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment