Sunday, August 20, 2017

Are you tired of dollhouse things yet?

I've been consumed by this dollhouse.  It's so much fun.  My husband keeps asking me if it's my new hobby or if I'll be flipping dollhouses from this point forward...I'm not sure if he's frustrated with my new interest or what.  I told him that this house is probably the only one I'll do - I mean, where would I put any others?  

Anyway, eventually the dollhouse will need some art for its walls.  I have some pieces that came with it, so they'll go up.  I'd like to change them a bit, but Z likes them the way they are.  We'll see.  

I also bought some tiny canvasses from Michael's and had a painting session with the girls on the back deck.  I'm not sure if we'll use anything, but it kept them occupied for an hour or so:

Here's my effort:
This then morphed into a let's paint the dollhouse furniture session.  Luckily, I had these two clunky chairs that I picked up for like 50 cents each at the thrift store.  I hope this gets their desire to paint the furniture out of the way...painting is my job in these here parts.


And then there was this sticker that I found.  It refers to the Hamilton musical and I thought it would look great in the house, but it's a bit too big.  Do you suppose I could scan it in and print it out in a smaller size for some dollhouse wall art?  I'm thinking about it.
PS...The Textile Center has a class on making charms out of polymer clay in December and I'm considering this as a place to explore making dollhouse mini things out of polymer clay.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for the great information you have got here on this post. I am returning to your site for more soon.
    Kurta Pyjama For Kids

    ReplyDelete