Thursday, December 27, 2012

Lady Apron

This was for my sister-in-law this Christmas.  She'd indicated that she could use a new apron, so I put this one together for her.  Her last apron was made up of sock monkey fabric and I wanted something a little bit more feminine and mature for her, plus I am tired of having so much novelty fabric sitting around.  Her daughter received the quilt with the green calico, so I accented this apron with that same fabric, which pays tribute to the vintage nature of this apron.  On a side note, I should remember to make a little girl's apron to match before there's no more of this fabric left.
Don't pay any attention to the gouges in the wall.
The back is a bit different.  This pattern is drafted from a vintage apron -- perhaps from the 30's -- and this was the style of that particular apron.  

Here's a close up of the loops for the ties...for some reason one of them got inverted, but that's okay, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment