Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Kid Apron

I made this little apron for my next door neighbor's five-year-old daughter.  I used Simplicity 4692, which does not seem to be in print anymore.  Here's a picture of the pattern cover:
Why do pattern companies always pick the homeliest of fabrics for their examples?  Anyway, I did the child-size pattern for View A (the first one).  It was easy, as aprons usually are.

I had a yard of the main fabric, which I purchased at Crafty Planet's booth at last year's No Coast Craft-o-rama.  The contrasting blue fabric was a thrift find.  I used snaps instead of the recommended velcro, which was probably a bad idea, but still a cuter one.  The peach bias tape is from my mom.  I think she sent me like 30 packages of skinny and fat bias tape in this color.  It's not a perfect match to the orange in the main fabric, but I think it works just fine.  And then I whipped up that little pot holder on a whim.

The recipient seemed to like it.  She put it on and announced that it was the perfect item to help her sell her flowers.  

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous....You did an excellent job. Glad you finally found a use for that seam binding. Little Gaia loves her play kitchen, hint hint.

    ReplyDelete