Monday, June 25, 2012

Diaper Bag: One Step Back

Remember this progress:
Yeah, well, I did that wrong.  The finished pocket pleat seam needs to be on the outer layer of fabric (paisley), not the lining (pink).

Rip. Rip. Rip.

After that little fiasco, I was able to attach the pockets to the sides.  Then the sides to the front and then the bottom to the sides.  So. Many. Layers.  It was so hard to sew through the corners and I kept cursing thinking that this pattern needs to be put in the Goodwill pile.

So the outer layer is pretty much done.

And then I hit the zipper steps.

No, thank you.  No patience for that considering my sordid history (see here and here) with that pesky zipper.

I skipped over the zipper steps and started working on the pocket lining section, but I'll have to get to that zipper and the facings next.

*gulp*

No comments:

Post a Comment