Tuesday, July 3, 2018

So back in April...

So like three months ago I went to the annual Textile Center Garage Sale with my book club buddies and overindulged in fabric (and waffles).  Here's what I got:

One novelty print.  Given my history with novelty prints, limiting myself to one was quite a feat.  But look how cute this cityscape is.
But do Christmas fabrics count as novelty prints?  No.  I don't think so.  But look at all the fun and different holiday designs I found for my gift baggage goal.  I want to go paperless someday in the wrapping department.  I can't wait to combine them with fun linings...perhaps at another book club sewing sweatshop.
Damnit.  Birds - that's sort of novelty-esque, but it's so small...like not even a fat quarter.  Just pretty.  I like that pink polka dot one.  So bright!
I don't know what it was with pinks and blues, but I brought home a whole pile of them.  I love that little blue daisy one. It's rather sheer, but I still love it.

And then there's the costume fabric.  This sliver of sparklies wanted to come home with me:
 The red and white stripe could easily be made into bags, but it's really nice.
 And velvets!  The gray and the teal are super nice.  
 There's way too much of this stretch gold, though.
 And for some reason I can't help but see an Elsa dress in my sewing future when these blues are paired next to the above silvers.  
Speaking of, my kids haven't quite figured out how to tell Knock Knock jokes, so this is a series of them told by my 4yo to my 6yo the other morning:

4yo:  Knock Knock!
6yo:  Who's there?
4yo:  Anna and Elsa!
6yo:  Anna and Elsa who?
4yo:  Anna and Elsa Diapers!
6yo:  Hahah!  You got me!

4yo:  Knock Knock!
6yo:  Who's there?
4yo:  Anna and Elsa!
6yo:  Anna and Elsa who?
4yo:  Banana Anna and Elsa!
6yo:  Hahaha!  You got me!

4yo:  Knock Knock!
6yo:  Who's there?
4yo:  Anna and Elsa!
6yo:  Anna and Elsa who?
4yo:  Truck Banana Diaper!
6yo:  Hahaha!  You got me!

It went on in this manner for the entire six minute car ride.

Oh, where was I?  More fabric?? Yes!  Or NO!!  This monstrosity:
I don't know what I was thinking.  It's rather stiff and sort of canvas-like.  I don't know.  I was seriously deranged.

And then this lovely bit of ribbon and a piece of lace.  I've already used the lace and will show that off sometime soon.

This framed butterfly said $1.00 so it came home with me, too:

And this vintage tablecloth.  There's a stain, but I'm going to try and soak it out.  It really is pretty when it's all open and on the table.
And this last purchase was found in the vintage linens section.  Applique planes.  They are so fun and in my dreams I think I should make them into pillows and sell them on etsy for big bucks and become famous and then sew pillows for a living and get featured in design magazines.  All because I spent $1.00 on a bag of applique planes:
There are two of each design, I think.

So that's it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes to another book club sweatshop to make bags.
    I love that knock-knock confusion. It's a special time. Like before Kindergarten when they just don't get how to walk in a line with the rest of their class.
    Lace=RBG robe for Halloween next year?
    Please make the plane pillows! You have such an imagination - I can't even think how those would be planes. Also, I really want the fame for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Thank you!! I was thinking the pillows would be sort of color blocked and then have a plane appliqué, it’s just a thought.
    RBG robe = great idea!

    ReplyDelete