Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Problem

I bought another dollhouse.

Yes, I know, I have a Problem.  But I also have another dollhouse.  Yay!

I was out with my girls on Saturday morning and on our way home we saw a sign for a yard sale, so we stopped in.  The sellers immediately saw the girls and said that we'd stopped by the right place because they had a dollhouse for us.  The girls ran to it and said that they could get a neighbor for their other dollhouse.  I circled the thing, sent photos of it to my mom, and then walked away with this monstrosity for $25.00.
It has a third floor attic space!
As you can see, the girls promptly had a moving day from one house to the other.  They did not hand carry anything across the room.  Instead, they filled up their toy vehicles with furniture and drove the toy vehicles from one house to the next.

Look an attic flap/lid:
There's definitely some work that needs to be done.

Floors.  Bare wood throughout the house.  That's different than the last house, which had floors that were just stained and had a clear coat on them.
 Painting, both inside and out.  Bare walls on the inside, which is refreshing.  I'm glad I don't have to take off tons of wallpaper again.  That was an evil task.
 Major dusting:
Minor structural repairs.  I'll probably leave this chipped bit as is, but one of those slats on another side of the house is completely off.  I have it, so I'll just glue it back on, I guess.
 And this little gingerbreading-type detail is missing from the other side.
What else can I say about this house?  The doors open!

 The hinges seem to be the wrong scale, so I'm not sure if I want to tweak that or leave them as they are.
I love the little oblong windows.  They are on both sides of the house.
Unlike my other dollhouse purchase, this one did not come with any furnishings.  This just came with some curtains in the attic and a little wall decoration.

In other news, I also found a piano for the house at the Goodwill:
It's a music box and I need to fix it up, but it's a good size for this dollhouse.  I think it will overwhelm the other house.

No comments:

Post a Comment