Monday, April 24, 2017

The Big Haul - Part Three

So I found an awesome box for TWO BUCKS:
That is some prime vintage real estate right there.  It's not really a sewing box, but that's okay.  Close up of the silvery design:
The kids came home as I was finishing up my "photo shoot" and Miss Z was smitten with discovering all the contents:

I forgot to take a picture of that sparkly trim that she's holding in her hand.  One is brown and gold and the other is blue and gray.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the brown and gold -- it's not what Z would call a "girl color," so she may reject it if I were to put it on a gown.

I also found some ribbons at the sale.  A lot of them are Christmas colors, so they'll probably be used with gift baggages.  That rainbow one is good for the kids, though.
And check out these fancy trims:
The blue is elastic, so I'm thinking a waistband for a skirt for the girls?  Z was furious when I would not let her play with it:
Poor thing.

What else?  Some lovely napkins...eight of the blue flower and three with the peach trim:
They are a bit stained, but they are napkins.  They are already in the drawer awaiting their first use.

It looks like we won't have to leave the Goondocks after all:
These are sew on jewels.  I love them.

A homemade, vintage girl's shirt...
This was in my friend's batch and she passed it along to me.

This is for my mom to make (for me):
I love these old kits and this one strikes me as pretty old.  

Is that it?  I think that's the last of my haul.  Phew!  Here's a final shot of Miss Z telling me that she wants a gown made out of each of the fabrics in her pile:

No comments:

Post a Comment