Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Big Haul - Part One

I think that Textile Center Garage Sale is one of my favorite things to do.  It's so exciting to rummage through giant piles of cloth, bags of ribbons, bags of buttons, linens...  So fun.  It's also pretty great to see all the different (mostly) ladies who crawl out of their sewing rooms...from old white-haired ladies to edgy blue-haired gals.   Some day I will be the old blue-haired lady at this thing.

I filled all these baggages:

So without further ado, here is the first batch of things I picked up:
Just some simple cottons.  That blue and brown one on the end may be enough for a quilt backing.  We'll see.  

Some more cottons, though that orange one is more of a heavier, woven type.  I think the first, third, and last are each one yard.  They'd be good for summer dresses for the girls, I think.

Lady bugs, red with gold dots (for gift baggages), some vintage cotton called "falling leaves," a really nice woven piece, and a slinky fabric.

That pink/black/orange fabric is pretty small.  The purple stripe is pretty soft and then the white fabric has little flags on it, which I didn't realize until I'd opened it up.  The last three are small, but I think they'd be good for bibs.

There is way too much of this Christmas fabric, but it's really cute and will make lovely gift bags.  I am a sucker for sparklies.

Blue upholstery fabric.  I'm thinking pillows for my living room to contrast with all that orange that's already there.

Okay...that's enough for now.  I'll post more tomorrow...maybe some vintage finds?

2 comments: