Monday, January 18, 2016

New Resident

I found someone to live in the dollhouse.  She was on clearance at Target after Christmas for $3.00 and she is the perfect size.  She is a MiWorld (me-world? my-world?  probably the latter) figurine.  I wish that they had a whole line of furniture for her, but I guess the thing with this stupid brand is that they are all shopkeepers at stores in a mall.  So lame.  So there's like a DQ stand and an OPI nail salon and a Justice (barf) store.  I suppose I could get something and repurpose it, but only if it is on super clearance. 

Let's meet her, shall we?  She wanted to show off the progress on her house.
Here's the kitchen.  I'm having a really hard time with that wallpaper.  It just won't come off.  I'm almost rid of the wallpaper in every other room, but this has been a real struggle.  It is just crazy stuck on there.  The copper strips were for the electrified version of the dollhouse and that cord was cut before I bought it, so I've been getting rid of them, too.  They are also a bit challenging to pull off.
Here she is in the dining room/foyer standing among the debris.  This room has quite a bit of residue left on the walls.  Stinker.  I have to figure out how to get that off, too.
Here's a shot of the top floor.  It is almost completely stripped, but I'm still working on those pesky copper strips.  Z was playing with the dollhouse and broke off the stairwell railing.  She didn't break it in pieces and I can easily drill out the glue holes and reattach it, but I may not.  It seemed too delicate for little kid hands.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished result.

    http://buildinglifelongreaders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete