Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Dollhouse Douche

So I got on Pinterest and searched for a way to rid myself of this dollhouse kitchen wallpaper.  The solution?  Vinegar and water...a little bit of a douche, I'd say.  I had some white vinegar down in the kitchen, but some apple cider vinegar on the upper level - I'd doused my hair with some of that in the shower to deal with a dry scalp.  Not like dandruff, just dry.  It totally worked.  I think that apple cider vinegar is sort of a miracle elixir.

Anyway, so I put some on the kitchen walls and then I let it sit for a bit.  I got a lot off of it, but there's still quite a bit that I can't get off.  Ugh.  What a pain.
The residue in the dining room/foyer came off easily, so that's progress.
So with all this progress, I'd like to share my toolkit.  I little tiny squirt bottle filled with the douche and a razor blade.
That little razor blade handle thing is the best.  I was using an exacto knife to pry up the copper tape and then pulling it with my finger, but it would break and then I'd have to try to pry up some more.  With the razor blade, the copper would just coil up and came away so easily.  The razor blade helped with the paper scraping, as well.  

I just need to figure out how to get that kitchen paper down.  I've got almost all of the copper tape off, with a few exceptions in hard to reach corners.  I now have to think about prying up those roof shingles.  I feel like I won't get to start paining it until the spring, when I can open up some windows for ventilation.

No comments:

Post a Comment