Sunday, November 8, 2015

Breach

My toddler...wait, she's no longer a toddler.  I keep forgetting that.  My nearly four year old daughter has never been allowed in my craft room, but this weekend I let her in.  She asked me from outside the gate for something special from within the room, so I lifted her up, put her smack dab in the middle of it, and said, "Now, something special is in my room."

She wasn't impressed.

She quickly honed in on every single pokey, sharp, dangerous implement in that room.  Pincushion?  Yup.  Seam ripper?  You betcha!  Ugh.   And then she found the dollhouse that I plan on refinishing.  She was pretty smitten and started playing with all the little pieces of furniture that came with it.
So cute.  She then asked me to make her some people.  Double cute!  So I scoured the mess and spied some empty thread spools and a blue Sharpie.  Instant people!
So now I have to get on this house again, but not until after Christmas.  Maybe I can do it by her birthday?  I don't know.  I had other plans for a birthday gift (puppet theatre?), but I don't think I can do both.  

1 comment:

  1. Doll houses are magical. I still have mine from when I was little.

    http://buildinglifelongreaders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete