Saturday, April 2, 2016

Hey! I Made Something!

Hello?

*tap tap tap*

Hello?  Is this thing on?

Oh, hey!  There you are.  How have you been?  I'm okay, but  I'll admit that I have not been crafting very much at all.  I've been doing a lot of reading, though...like all four of the Neopolitan novels, The Bees, The Golem and the Jinni, The Martian, two Ray Bradbury books, and maybe something else.  And I've been catching up on television...like Better Call Saul, Scandal, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Supergirl, Downton Abbey, and The Walking Dead.  Oh, and the children.  I've been taking care of the children.

So with all of that, I have not been crafting, but when a friend invited us to a birthday party for her little girl, I started toying with the idea of making something.  We settled on a cape and as we started to talk about what kind of cape her daughter would like, it became apparent that this would be a pretty fun project.  

A long, hooded, green and purple cape.  Fun, right?  Hancock Fabrics is going out of business, so I found some pretty good deals on all of the supplies.  I have made other capes, but I didn't have any long, hooded patterns, so I went with McCall's 6420 and I found a gorgeous purple satin and a not-so-gorgeous green satin.  The result:
 So pretty!

The green was not the best fabric to work with, but its vibrant hue worked really well with that purple.  The purple was so dreamy and thick and smooth (sewing erotica?).  The closure is a large hook and eye.  I don't think I sewed it down enough, so the new owner's mom may need to reinforce it.

Anyway, I want to make another one of these capes for my kids.  The new owner was pretty smitten with it, I think.  


2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! She's a lucky little girl to have someone make something for her that will encourage her to be imaginative in her play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! Oh and your model, I just LOVE her.

    ReplyDelete