Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sock Monkey

So two Christmases ago, my sister-in-law gave me a sock monkey kit.
And it's been sitting in my craft room for all this time.  Due to a recent bout of snaggle-toe, I seem to have busted through a number of my fun tall socks.  So I thought I would give this a go and see if I could salvage some of my old socks in the future.  This monkey was made with the supplies provided, but I've got a pile of holey socks saved up for a rainy day...or the Superbowl, which I have been informed that I am supposed to watch.
And there he is!  The kit was pretty easy to use.  My stitches are really wonky, though.
And I don't know if that snout is quite right.  Looks more like a pig snout than a monkey snout. Bah.  So, I'll make up some more of those sock animals with my crazy tall socks...if I can.  Like I said, all the toes have been busted through.

No comments:

Post a Comment