Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It's Only October...

...but the Land of Nod sent me their new catalog and it was filled with Christmas things.  What really got me was this $99.00 tree skirt:
That's insane.  I really think that this can be made with felt and some ric-rac packages and it would seriously cost less than half of that price...way less than half that price.  Insane.

I was also struck by these advent calendars.  I'm not sure if anyone in my family would do these for their little kids (I'm not even sure that we will ever do these), but I thought about how easy it would be to make your own little pocket advent calendar out of fabric and then fill it with fun trinkets.  
sorry about the glare...photo was taken with phone camera.
Anyway, these are not projects for this year...I've already got too many projects lined up, but I'm keeping them here for future reference.


No comments:

Post a Comment