Sunday, July 14, 2013

meDDusa

There she is:  the meDDusa bra for my fifth bra for a cause.  As a reminder, my earlier entries are outlined here and last year's entry is here.

The deadline for this surprised me, but I was able to throw it together on Friday and Saturday nights. My dream is to someday make a spectacular ice queen bra, but I really need to plan months in advance for that one.

I found little snakes from that AxMan Surplus store at a rate of $1.50 per dozen.   I believe I used ten bags of snakes.  This mo fo is heavy!  Who would have thunk that almost 120 snakes weighs a ton?  I used a strapless bra, but because the snakes weighed so much I had to add some sort of makeshift strap.

Here it is before the strap and not on the mannequin, because it kept sliding down her slippery plastic boobs.
I bedazzled the sides and middle with some plastic green rhinestones.  Pretty soon I will only have pink ones left, because I used the blues and the reds for earlier projects.  
So this is all boxed up and ready to go.  Yay!  Hopefully they remember to check their POBox for it.    I also hope that the snakes stay glued down.  They kept squirming off and I had to reglue at least 20 of them last night.  

One last shot:


No comments:

Post a Comment