Monday, October 8, 2012

Top Contenders

I've been looking for inspiration for the layout of my future I Spy quilt.  Crafterhours has a Pinterest board dedicated to quilt designs and I also googled "charm squares" for additional ideas. 

I like the layout of this one.  It's bright and fun.  I could either cut up the smaller print squares received from the swap for the tiny rectangles or I could use solids/prints already in my stash. 
Source
This next one is similar to the one above, but it has fewer white sashings between the prints.  The pattern uses 38 charm squares, but I think I'd want a bigger quilt, so maybe I'd need an extra row or two?
Source
I also like the idea of a color spectrum quilt, such as this one or this one.  For the latter I think I'd need 600 squares.  Bummer.  Maybe this one would also work?  Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment