Saturday, October 27, 2012

Boo'd and Bagg'd

I was Boo'd the other day.  Have you heard of this?  You get an anonymous Halloween treat basket and then you make two of your own and anonymously leave them for neighbors.  And you have to remember to put the "I've been Boo'd" sign on your door so you don't get double Boo'd.

I didn't take any pictures of the basket that I received.  It had in it some chocolate, a book for the baby, some window clings, and something else that escapes me.  So that night I ran to the $2.50 section of Target (it's not really a $1.00 section, because it always seems stuff is $2.50).  I picked up some metal containers, glow swords, hand towels, and a slinky for each basket.  And don't forget a handful of Halloween candy in each.
I left them for the neighbors to my immediate right and left at 7:00am this morning.  The baby was still sleeping, so I had to be quick about it.  I was excited to see that one neighbor put out their boo sign, but the other neighbor didn't.  Maybe they are waiting for a second boo'ing?  Greedy!

Anyway, here's the information/downloadable stuff for this Boo project.

After I had assembled my containers, I was still in an assembly-like mood, so I decided to bag up some Halloween treat bags for the Trick-or-Treaters.  A few weeks ago my mom sent me a package with ziplocs full of plastic trinkets, like rubber eyeballs, plastic spiders, tiny rubber bats, etc.
 She also sent little treat bags, like this one:
So, I put one candy and one trinket into each bag and taped it up.  Last year we had like 200 trick-or-treaters and I didn't make that many bags, but once they're gone I'll just give straight candy.

Thanks, Mom!  And thanks anonymous Boo'er!

No comments:

Post a Comment