Thursday, December 10, 2015

Fancy Dress Up

My model has not yet seen this dress in its completed form, so there's no way to tell if this fits her or not.  I know that it generally fit in the torso without a zipper, but I don't know about the hem length.  I also have a feeling that she's a bit more long waisted than the pattern.  Otherwise, here's her first fancy dress for dress up box:
I used Butterick's B4320, View B (minus the overskirt).  I messed up a bit on the point at the waist, but the yellow belt applique covered it up.  Speaking of:
Ack!  Blurry!  I visited SR Harris for the first time this summer when my mom was in town.  We found a ton of these sparkly applique things for $3.00 and under.  I picked up this yellow one and a matching blue one and maybe four other things to use as embellishments on play clothes.  It doesn't wrap all the way around, as you can see from this picture of the back of the dress:
Can you tell that I have not sewn clothing in a while?  Those waist seams do not line up at all.  

As for the fabric, here's a close up:
It's this weird, wrinkly polyester and I kind of love it.  It's old, I think, and it kind of reminds me of bathrobe-loungewear fabric.  I have a little bit more of this light blue, but I also have a dark blue.  I'm saving the little light blue applique for a dress with the dark blue fabric.  

She wanted a rainbow princess dress, so this is what I made for her.  Since she's now allowed in my craft room, I set before her a fun selection of fancy fabrics and asked her to pick out her next dress.  She wanted none of them and stared at a bubblegum pink cotton that was hanging with my stash.  I tried to explain to her that it wasn't fancy enough, but that's the one she wanted.  I told her it would be a pink and gold dress, so I think I'll work on that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment