Thursday, December 28, 2017

Cars and Aprons

One of my nephews also outgrew his old kid apron, so his mom suggested a new apron for Christmas.  His little brother had never received an apron and could have worn the old one, but he should have his own, right?  So two more aprons were in the works this Christmas.  What's that?  Five total?  So many.  

His mom had suggested maybe some onion fabric for the older nephew.  None of that was in my stash, so I went to Treadle Yard Goods and didn't see much in the way of food-themed fabric.  I suppose I could have driven to the next town over or ordered some online, but I decided to just pick something at Treadle. 

That kiddo loves cars.  Like crazy loves cars and I think I've given him a car-related gift every single birthday and Christmas.  Why break with tradition?
 Cars and stop signs and whatnots.  I thought it was cute.  The gray was in my stash and I almost didn't put a pocket in, but those I surveyed said it should have a pocket.
The other nephew is nicknamed "Dozer," short for bulldozer and, as luck would have it, Treadle had some appropriately themed fabric for his apron.
The orange fabric was given to me by my mother-in-law.  It doesn't exactly match the construction cones on the fabric (they are red), but I thought this worked.
The pattern was from McCalls (#M5551) and I already had it in my collection.  It's pretty simple and both came together fairly quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment