Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Things I Bought

A thrift store adventure led to a bag filled with sewing and other treasures, as follows:

First, a metal basket.  I don't know what it is, but I love these shiny baskets.  This is my third one.  I will note that I passed one up a few weeks ago, so it's not like I have that Catcher-in-the-Rye compulsion of assassins.
Basket filled with goodies:
Goodies:
I love old sequins.  They sparkle so much more than the modern ones.
Old spools.  I found an old, old mason jar and am storing my old wooden spools in there until I figure out what else to do with them.
Old hooks and eyes.  Stuff like this is good for repairing my vintage clothing.
I like the old mending kit.  I'm going to give that to a girl I know who has a whole room filled with vintage clothes.  I adore old packaging -- look at that sweet lady on the button packaging.

And these fancy buttons:
That black one is super nice.

Well, that's it for sewing stuff, but I also found stuff for the girls' play kitchen.
These silverware are fabulous.  They came in a tiny basket.
And then a little tea set:

I don't know how long they'll keep the play kitchen.  Z already towers over it and they don't play with it that much, but when they do they have tons of fun with it.

1 comment: